Step into Power, Find Inner PeaceAwaken your full potential
True Self Teacher Training
Jan 26 – April 1, 2018
200hr Yoga Alliance Certification
“At our best, we are all teachers.”
Deepen your practice and learn the art and science of yoga instruction.
Topics will include asanas, philosophy, meditation, anatomy, and assists.
TEACHER TRAINING OVERVIEW
- 10-week teacher training over 10 consecutive weekends January 26 thru April 1, 2018:Fridays: 5:30-8:30pm
Saturdays: 8 am – 5 pm
- Comprehensive program for aspiring teachers experienced teachers or yoga students who want to deepen their practice
- Meets the 200-hour Yoga Alliance Registered Program requirements to understanding yoga instruction including philosophy, meditation, asanas, anatomy and hands-on assists.
- Taught by Anne Laderman, Christina Lagdameo & Vajra Romano, this intensive training draws on the over 50 years of their collective yoga experiences. The course will offer you a solid foundation in the art of teaching Yoga and a transformational experience fostering personal and professional growth. Overall, you will gain powerful insights to more deeply integrate with your True Self.
- 100% attendance to all components is required to register with the Yoga Alliance as a RYT-200
- Tuition: $2,500 total. $500 nonrefundable deposit to enroll; $2,000 remaining tuition must be paid before training begins.
- Early-bird special: $2,300 if deposit paid before December 1, 2017. Payment plans available.
- Please complete application below
Week One: Foundations of Your True Self Practice: History of Yoga & Realizing Your Inspiration
Week Two: Who Am I? Meditation and Contemplative Practices (Dhyana Yoga, Yoga Nidra)
Week Three: Yoga Basics & Anatomy Session #1
Week Four: Maintaining Authenticity: Sanskrit, Chanting, Kriyas and Ethics of Yoga Instruction
Week Five: Healing Hands: Art of Assisting and Using Props; and Restorative and Yin Yoga
Week Six: Breathing Practice: Pranayama & Cultivating Your Voice, Anatomy Session #2 (Begin Practice Teaching)
Week Seven: – OFF
Week Eight: Moving Beyond the Senses: Tantra & Anatomy Session #3
Week Nine: Yoga as Art: Customizing Yoga for Specific Populations; and Karma Yoga: Giving Back and Devotional Practices: Bhakti Yoga and Kirtan
Week Ten: Developing Your True Path: Next Steps with Your Yoga Training
Each week will include:
- Self-Practice (asana & meditation)
- Philosophy of Practice
- Understanding of Asanas
- Application for Teaching
Sample Weekend Itinerary:
WEEK ONE: Foundations of Your True Self Practice: History of Yoga
5:30-6:30pm: Flow Practice
7:00- 8:30 pm: Introductions and Course Overview
8-9:15: Flow Practice
9:15-10:00- Chants, Meditation, check-in
10:30-11:30: History of Yoga
11:30-12:30: Yoga Sutras
1:30-3: Asanas: Integration Series (child’s pose, downward dog, rag doll, mountain pose)
3-5: Movie: Yoga Unveiled
9-10:30: Flow & Meditation Practice
10:50-12: Surya Namaskara A Modified
1:00-2:30: Surya Namaskara A
2:45-3:30: Small Groups
4:00-5:15: Yin Practice
What a magnificent studio oasis!
True Self is the best yoga studio in Olympia by far! Their variety of classes, from heated and regular, as well as their beautiful studio space, and the deeply passionate and knowledgeable owners all create a safe and supportive yoga community. - Sarah Burdette
They've created and hold space for their yogis so well that even the studio seems to have a sense of it's true self.
I've been a yogi in Olympia for about 10 years and True Self Yoga is the first studio that meets all of my yoga needs, and then some. When you visit True Self, you don't walk straight into a yoga room like most studios. - Camy Naasz
The heated room boasts a special heating system that you need to experience!
Beautiful space to practice with a variety of class offerings, great instructors, kombucha on tap and the latest yoga gear. Two studios: one heated and the other non-heated. Floors are always clean and they also have showers in the changing rooms, which is a must for hot yoga! - Rese Kim
Best yoga in Olympia.
The best yoga experience I have ever had.
With their combined yoga and meditation experiences and with deep roots in the Olympia community, husband-and-wife team, Vajra Romano and Christina Lagdameo, have established True Self Yoga with the mission to bring out your highest good.
True Self Yoga
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.